Lao Skyway is formerly known as Lao Air, it was established on 24th January 2002 and officially launched services on June 2003 for helicopter charter service, and in the same year on December 2003 Company started to provide fixed wing aircraft service.
- On January 2007: Lao Skyway was the first aviation company in Lao PDR to receive the ISO 9001 version 2000 certification.
- On April 2007: Lao Skyway launched an airline service for the domestic market.
- On November 2013: the company English name changed from LAO AIR to LAO SKYWAY in order to differentiate and support the expansion of company service.
- On April 2014: Lao skyway utilized larger passenger aircraft for serving the domestic airline market.
- Lao skyway provides an airline and charter flight service with the highest standard of safety and excellent customer service with reasonable prices.
Our domestic destinations are:
- Vientiane – LuangPrabang
- Vientiane – Luangnamtha
- Vientiane – Oudomxay
- Vientiane – Bokeo
- Vientiane – Phongsaly
- Vientiane – Huaphan
- Vientiane – Xiengkhouang
- Xiengkhouang – LuangPrabang
- Vientiane – Pakse
Additionally, we are planning to expand our operations with more domestic destinations and we are also currently studying for international routes expansion.
Our charter flight service also provides a variety of domestic and international, non-schedule and schedule flights including:
- Passenger transport
- Cargo transport
- Medical evacuation service (domestic and neighboring countries)
- Aerial survey
- Scenic flight
- Aerial photography and other services
- Wedding transfer
Our company logo is defined as a bird, which forms the shape of 3 boomerangs. This is representing our aircraft will fly to their destinations and always safely return to home base. Lao Skyway holds safety at the heart of the operations. Our aircraft fully complies with the standards of International Aviation Safety. We adopt a zero tolerance to unsafe practices and strive for zero accidents through constant training programs, work practices, risk management and adherence to safety regulations at all times.